REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
THANKS FOR JOINING US!
How it works
#BeTheHope for children and young adults with A-T by joining us for our 2020 Virtual 5K Race Series – featuring three awesome races that will keep you moving throughout the fall!
Register ONCE to be a part of all three races!
still have questions? Click HERE FOR FAQS!
It’s simple! You can pick and choose which races you’ll be joining us for – you decide! Train from home, join us in our fun challenges along the way, fundraise and participate virtually on each race day.
Saturday, September 26 – A-T SUPERHERO STRIDES
Who is the A-T Superhero in your life? Let’s make some serious strides for A-T in this race. Channel your inner superpowers and cross the imaginary finish line with your superhero strides!
saturday, October 24 – MONSTER MASH
Think you’ve got the most Halloween spirit? Bring out your craziest, scariest, funniest costume to our Virtual Monster Mash 5K. This spooktacular race will feature fun challenges for the whole family to get involved!
Saturday, November 21 – Thankful 5K
Who wants to give some thanks? Let’s show our gratitude for all the researchers and runners who give us hope for a cure by making this our best race yet!
Shirts available for purchase!
Write the name of your A-T warrior on the back of your shirt and show support for children and young adults with A-T! Wear your shirt while you train and on race day and spread awareness for A-T.
Purchase your shirt at our online shop!
$25 Virtual 5K Race Series registration, race medal not included: This option gives you full access to our training page which includes workout tips from our coaches as well as opportunities to connect with the A-T CureTeam and participate in fun challenges leading up to each race! You will also be able to create your own personal fundraising page with this option. Additional goodies that come with this package include a downloadable race bib, a downloadable race completion certificate for each race, facebook frames and the chance to win some awesome prizes!
$50 Virtual 5K Race Series registration, race medal included: In addition to everything provided in the registration option above, this package will include an A-T Children’s Project Virtual 5K Race Series race medal that will be directly shipped to you
HERE’s WHAT TO DO!
1. SIGN UP!
Register above! There is one registration for all three races.
2. create & share your fundraising page:
After you have joined, you will have the option to create your own fundraising page! You can share that page with your friends and family for them to donate while you train for the #Virtual5kforAT!
3. TRAIN WITH US
Leading up to each race date, we will be sharing training and fundraising tips, tricks and advice on our A-T Saturdays Facebook page. Look out for our fun challenges for you to join in on and prizes for each race too! Don’t forget to join our Strava club and share your progress with the A-T CureTeam!
4. Join us on race day
Join us each race day and run, walk, or roll your heart out. Post your photos using the hashtag #Virtual5kforAT
5. Enter to win a prize!
Each race will have its own prizes. E-mail your race times and/or photos of your creativity/costumes to firstname.lastname@example.org on race day to be entered to win a prize for each race! Be sure to include the prize category in the subject line of your e-mail so we know what category you’re entering for!
6. Join us for our next race
Come back soon to join us for our next race!
Although it is not required that you create a fundraising page, we do encourage you to create goals for yourself whether it be physical goals to cross that finish line or a fundraising goal!
If you’d like to create a personal fundraising page to share with friends and family, you can do so at no additional cost! Not looking to create a fundraising page but still want to raise money for A-T? Click here for our fundraising tips and tricks!
Have questions on how to create your Canadian fundraising page? Click here for a step by step guide on how to create your Canadian fundraising page today!
Join our running club on Strava:
Once you’ve registered, download the Strava app on your phone and join our A-T Children’s Project running club! While you train at home, you’ll be able to share your progress and post your results here. Connect with A-T CureTeam members and join them in the race to cure A-T!
Join our a-t saturdays training page on facebook:
After you’re signed up on Strava, be sure to follow our training Facebook page! Our coaches will be posting awesome workout tips, training schedules, motivational videos, challenges and so much more here! You won’t want to miss out on our weekly tips and advice from them as you train for your race!
meet your Coaches
Crystal & Megon are here to help you while you train at home. Megon, an A-T relative, is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer with about 15 years’ experience as a runner. Crystal, an A-T mother, has extensive experience training for short & long distance events.
Click HERE to access our Virtual 5K Race Series training program. No matter where you are in your fitness journey, this plan is for you! Fitness plan donated by Megon Steele, NASM CPT for Fit AT Heart.
Crystal Olive Megon Steele
Prizes Will Be Given To The Following:
1) Top Fundraiser: Ask friends and family to sponsor you and join in the challenge. Create a personal fundraising page and share it on social media to fundraise for a cure! The person who has raised the most money by the end of our 2020 Virtual 5K Race Series (Nov. 21, 2020) will win an AWESOME prize! You do not need to submit an entry for this category- we’re keeping track! (This prize will be awarded once at the end of our entire 2020 Virtual 5K Race Series)
2) Most Creative Participant: Have a creative training setup at home or created your own totally awesome finish line? Share it with us for the chance to win as our Most Creative Participant! (This prize will be awarded for each race)
3) Best Dressed: Show us what you got! We’ll be awarding our best dressed/most creative costume a prize! (This prize will be awarded for each race)
4) Overall Fastest Runner: When comparing all race time submissions, the person with the fastest time in each race will receive a prize. Runner must submit screenshot/photo of race time & distance to be considered. (This prize will be awarded for each race)
For each race, please submit your entries/photos for categories 2-4 to email@example.com . Please use the bold category names above in the subject line of your email entry for which category you are entering for.
- For Superhero Strides for A-T on Saturday, September 26, please submit your entries by 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, Sept 27
- For Monster Mash 5K on Saturday, October 24, please submit your entries by 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, October 25
- For Thankful 5K on Saturday, November 21, please submit your entries by 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, November 22